What language is the Master taught in?

The programme is solely taught in English.


What are the minimum language requirements?

The minimum English language level required for entering the Master is B2 (or any equivalent certificate).


Are there any course fees for the 3rd and 4th semester that are spent in Shanghai?



How many students are accepted per year?

At present, a total number of 20 students can be accepted. 10 students can be accepted by Tongji University, and 10 students can apply via Ruhr-University Bochum (RUB).


Will I have to learn Mandarin?

Yes, a beginners' course is part of the curriculum.


What degree would I be awarded up on completion of the programme?

As TUL is a double degree master programme, two different degrees are awarded up on completion. RUB awards the M.Sc. "Transformation of Urban Landscapes" and Tongji University awards the "Master of Engineering with Specialisation in Landscape Studies" (M.Eng.).


Where can I apply?

At RUB, you are invited to apply via RUB's English study portal (see https://bewerbung.uv.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/)


Where can I find information in regards to accomodation in Germany if I am applying from overseas?

The English website of RUB's "International Office" provides you with information about accomodation: international.rub.de/intoff/index.html.en